We are currently seeking a Commercial Property Manager (CPM) to join our team. The Commercial Property Manager works under the direction of the General Manager. This position requires strong knowledge of commercial properties and condominium experience. The CPM is responsible for meeting all contractual obligations and deliverable as well as achieving the client's goals and objectives through effective financial and operational management.
This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to provide a description of those principal job elements. All job descriptions are subject to change.
As a member of the property management team on site(s), the key responsibilities of the Commercial Property Manager include but are not limited to:
Management of an assigned portfolio including, but not limited to:
- Cost management of operating expenses
- Meeting rent revenue targets
- Rent collection & Arrears Management
- Marketing and leasing of units of both retail and Condominium units.
- Lease renewals
- Purchase Order Processing and Contractor Management
- Work Order Processing and Administration
- Lease Administration
- Tenant Liaison
- Maintenance Management
- Client Management
- Management Reporting
- Supervision and management of assigned staff
- On-Call response to after hours emergencies as required
- Assisting with the leasing and marketing of vacant spaces;
- Coordinate with listing brokers
- Preparation of lease and renewal documentation
- Lease set up, charge backs and adjustments in Yardi
- Assist with account analysis and A/R collection
- Assist with budgeting and year-end recoveries
- Property Management office administration including typing and distributing correspondence to tenants, filing, answering phones
- Other assignments within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as reasonable requested from time to time by management.
Desired Skills and Experience
To succeed in this role, the candidate must possess the following combination of education, experience and skills:
- Five (5) years experience in Property Management.
- Minimum of three (3) years Commercial Property and Condominium Management experience.
- Experience with YARDI would be an asset,
- Strong Lease Negotiations skills.
- Strong Contract Management & Trade Supervision.
- Energetic leadership. Enjoys leading by example. Using a "can-do" attitude that will positively influence, motivate and energize the team.
- Innovator. Proven ability to identify, evaluate and develop new ideas with supportable results,
- Solid Analytical Strengths. Ability to apply logic and reasoning to effectively manage projects, analyze complex financial, legal and contractual problems and to provide solutions or recommendations,
- Effective Negotiation skills to influence and impact at all levels – senior management, peers, direct and indirect reports,
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to identify risk, thereby mitigating liability
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills – MS Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Reliable Vehicle required traveling to various sites.
This is an excellent opportunity for a career-minded property management professional looking for a challenging opportunity, please forward your resume with the position you are applying for in the subject line: Commercial Property Manager DM1211.
Thank you in advance for your interest. We regret that we can only respond to candidates chosen for interview. Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF REQUIREMENTS ARE MET.
NO Phone Calls or Recruiters