DMS is one of Canada's premiere real estate services companies managing a wide range of property types providing tenants and landlords with superior service and outstanding value. DMS was ranked Canada's 2nd largest apartment manager in Canada in May 2018 by Canadian Apartment Magazine and is currently managing over 18 million square feet with a value of over $3.5B.
We are currently seeking a Property Manager to join our team. The Property Manager works under the direction of a Senior Property Manager to oversee the administrative and maintenance operations of a particular residential housing development(s). He or she is responsible to meet all contractual obligations and deliverables as well as achieving or exceeding the company's and client's key performance indicator targets.
As the senior member of the property management team on site(s), the key responsibilities of the Property Manager include but are not limited to:
- Provide supervision, give direction, delegate to administrative and maintenance staff
- Cost Management of operating budget – to include determining, dispensing, monitoring and management of the monthly spending
- Purchase order processing and contractor management – issuing purchase orders and managing, directing contractors
- Property Maintenance & Administrative Management – Assigning tasks and duties to administrators and superintendents on a daily basis; monitor progress or status of assigned work; disciplines employees
- Client Management and reporting – working closely with client; providing required reports, responses in a timely manner
- Management Reporting – Daily, weekly, monthly reporting to company, attendance at conference calls, meetings
- Attendance at various meetings during and after regular business hours (i.e. property manager meetings, tenant meetings)
- Work order processing and administration
- Rent Collection, Rent Geared to Income Calculations, Arrears Management
- Lease Administration and Tenant Liaison – leasing RGI, Market and Affordable Market Units
- Annual Rent Review Process
- Preparation of Legal Documents for LTB hearings, Eviction, etc
- Conducting in suite, vacant unit, building and grounds inspections – schedule and/or assign deficiencies to administrator, superintendent or contractor for completion
- Respond to after business hours & weekend emergency calls (on a rotational basis)
- Other assignments within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as reasonable requested from time to time by management
Desired Skills and Experience
To succeed in this role, the candidate must possess the following combination of education, experience and skills:
- 5 or more years experience in residential property management and knowledge of property administrative and maintenance practices
- Knowledge of various legislation, including the RTA (Resident Tenancy Act), HSA (Housing Services Act)
- Knowledge of codes & regulations, including Fire Code, Building Code, Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Knowledge and understanding of building systems (HVAC, Fire Protection, Mechanical, Electrical)
- Strong familiarity with and skilled in completing various RGI calculations
- Knowledge and experience of LTB proceedings as it relates to the process of serving Notices relating to non-rental payments, anti-social behavior, illegal activity, etc.
- Strong customer service orientation and delivery
- Skilled in organizing and supervising multiple simultaneous service requests
- Ability to respond and express ideas clearly in written and oral communication
- Experience utilizing Yardi or similar financial software
- Strong computer skills – MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong Contract Management and Trade Supervision
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to identify risk, thereby mitigating liability
- Excel at planning and organizing; Ability to meet deadlines proficiently
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity
- Reliable vehicle required
This is an excellent opportunity for a career-minded property management professional looking for a challenging opportunity, please forward your resume with the position you are applying for in the subject line: Property Manager - Toronto (C2309)
Thank you in advance for your interest. We regret that we can only respond to candidates chosen for interview. Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.