Part time Sr. Property Administrator
We are currently seeking a Part-Time Sr. Property Administrator to join our team in Hamilton. The Sr. Property Administrator works Under the direction of the Regional Manager to oversee the administrative and maintenance operations of a particular portfolio/development in our Non-Profit Division. They will be required to travel to various site offices to support site staff as required.
This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, or skills required or associated with the job. It is intended to provide a description of those principal job elements. All job descriptions are subject to change.
As a member of the property management team, the key responsibilities of the Sr. Property Administrator include but are not limited to:
- Provide administration and maintenance support at the Management and Site offices
- Rent Collection and Arrears Management – including rent geared to income calculations, preparing and mailing rent notices, entry of rental & other payments into Yardi, serving all legal notices in relation to non-payment of rent and other related issues under the RTA and HSA
- Work Order Processing and Maintenance Management
- Assist in-suite, vacant unit, building, and grounds inspections, and site visits as required
- Vacancy Management – processing Notices to Vacate, Acknowledgement to tenants, scheduling inspections, creating work orders for unit preparation by superintendents and contractors. Processing former tenant files
- Lease administration - preparing leases and conducting lease interviews, completing all documentation including tenant set up to the new unit; and assisting in preparing lease agreement for Manager signature
- Maintain accurate control of accepted and rejected applicants
- Customer Service and Tenant Liaison – Providing exceptional service and responding to tenant inquiries on a timely basis
- Tenant File Administration – processing parking registration, transfer applications, mailing, filing
- Utilizing Company and client computer software – Yardi, Property Vista, Microsoft 365
- Providing various daily, weekly, and monthly Management reporting
- Give direction and delegate to maintenance staff as required
- Support after-hours on-call responding to emergencies.
- Assist in the preparation of Board reports, including maintaining Corporate Minute Book’s
Desired Skills and Experience
To succeed in this role, the candidate must possess the following combination of education, experience, and skills:
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in residential property management;
- Knowledge of RTA an asset;
- Non-profit experience is a strong asset;
- Rent Geared to Income experience is an asset;
- G license with access to a car/reliable means of transportation
- Willing to travel to various site offices to provide support;
- Ability to meet deadlines proficiently;
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills – MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Energetic leadership. Enjoys leading by example.
- Using a “can-do” attitude that will positively influence, motivate and energize the team.
- Proven ability to identify, evaluate and develop new ideas with supportable results,
- Solid Analytical Strengths. Ability to apply logic and reasoning to effectively manage projects, analyze complex financial, legal, and contractual problems, and provide solutions or recommendations,
Part-time hours: 25 per week; flexible work schedule
This is an excellent opportunity for a career-minded property management professional looking for a challenging opportunity. Please note the work schedule for this position is flexible and can include weekdays, evenings, or weekends depending upon the successful candidate's availability.
Thank you in advance for your interest. We regret that we can only respond to candidates chosen for an interview. Candidates must live and be authorized to work in Canada.
Please note: Successful candidates will be asked to provide proof of their Covid-19 vaccination status. Accommodation will be provided to candidates who are legally entitled to accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.