DMS is one of Canada's premiere real estate services companies managing a wide range of property types providing tenants and landlords with superior service and outstanding value. DMS was ranked Canada's 2nd largest apartment manager in Canada in May 2018 by Canadian Apartment Magazine and is currently managing over 18 million square feet with a value of over $3.5B.
We are currently seeking to add an Assistant Property Administrator to join our team in Toronto. The Property Administrator works under the direction of the Property Manager to provide administrative and maintenance support to enable the property management team to achieve or exceed the goals and key performance indicator targets of the company and the client.
This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to provide a description of those principal job elements. All job descriptions are subject to change.
As a member of the property management team on site(s), the key responsibilities of an Assistant Property Administrator include but are not limited to:
- Liaison between local Property Management staff and tenants;
- Provide administrative support
- Maintain and monitor scheduling for contractors
- Rent Collection, Account Payable, "Rent Geared to Income" calculations, work order processing
- Collection of all subsidy information for all RGTI tenants
- Lease administration including Vacant Unit Marketing and Leasing
- Management reporting
- Property Management office administration including typing and distributing correspondence to tenants, filing, answering phones;
- Other assignments as directed from time to time
Desired Skills and Experience
To succeed in this role, the candidate must possess the following combination of education, experience and skills:
- 2 or more years' experience in residential property management and knowledge of property administrative and maintenance practices
- Knowledge of various legislation, including the RTA (Resident Tenancy Act), HSA (Housing Services Act)
- Skilled in completing various RGI calculations
- Knowledge and experience of LTB proceedings as it relates to the process of serving Notices relating to non-rental payments, anti-social behavior, illegal activity, etc.
- Strong customer service orientation and delivery
- Ability to respond and express ideas clearly in written and oral communication
- Experience utilizing Yardi or similar financial software
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity
This is an excellent opportunity for a career-minded property management professional looking for a challenging opportunity, please forward your resume with the position you are applying for in the subject line: Assistant Property Administrator – Toronto (C1417)
Thank you in advance for your interest. We regret that we can only respond to candidates chosen for interview. Candidates must live and be authorized to work in Canada.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.