DMS is one of Canada's premiere real estate services companies managing a wide range of property types providing tenants and landlords with superior service and outstanding value. DMS was ranked Canada's 2nd largest apartment manager in Canada in May 2018 by Canadian Apartment Magazine and is currently managing over 18 million square feet with a value of over $3.5B.
We are currently seeking a Property Administrator to join our team in Toronto. The Property Administrator works under the direction of the Senior Property Manager to oversee the administrative and maintenance operations of a particular portfolio/development(s). He or she is responsible to meet all contractual obligations and deliverable as well as achieving or exceeding the company's and client's key performance indicator targets.
This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, or skills required or associated with the job. It is intended to provide a description of those principal job elements. All job descriptions are subject to change.
As a member of the property management team, the key responsibilities of the Property Administrator include but are not limited to:
- Property management office administration
- Vacancy and arrears management,
- Preparation of legal forms (N4, N5, etc)
- Tenant file administration,
- Lease administration, tenant liaison, maintenance management.
- Other assignments within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as reasonable requested from time to time by management.
Desired Skills and Experience
To succeed in this role, the candidate must possess the following combination of education, experience and skills:
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in residential property management;
- Experience utilizing Yardi or similar financial software
- Knowledge of RTA an asset;
- Knowledge of NP Housing an asset;
- Ability to meet deadlines proficiently;
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills – MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong administrative experience in Residential Property Management.
- Energetic leadership. Enjoys leading by example. Using a "can-do" attitude that will positively influence, motivate and energize the team.
- Proven ability to identify, evaluate and develop new ideas with supportable results,
- Solid Analytical Strengths. Ability to apply logic and reasoning to effective manage projects, analyze complex financial, legal and contractual problems and to provide solutions or recommendations,
This is an excellent opportunity for a career-minded property management professional looking for a challenging opportunity, please forward your resume with the position you are applying for in the subject line: Property Administrator - Toronto (IO1110)
Thank you in advance for your interest. We regret that we can only respond to candidates chosen for interview. Candidates must live and be authorized to work in Canada.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.