*This position is approx 20 hours/week*
DMS is one of Canada's premiere real estate services companies managing a wide range of property types providing tenants and landlords with superior service and outstanding value. DMS was ranked Canada's 2nd largest apartment manager in Canada in June 2016 by Canadian Apartment Magazine and is currently managing over 18 million square feet with a value of over $2B.
We are currently seeking to add as Property Assistant to join our team. The Property Assistant works under the direction of the Regional Manager to provide administrative and maintenance support to enable the property management team to achieve or exceed the goals and key performance indicator targets of the company and the client.
This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to provide a description of those principal job elements. All job descriptions are subject to change.
As a member of the property management team on site(s), the key responsibilities of a Property Assistant include but are not limited to:
- Assist in problem solving process with Regional Manager Portfolio
- Assist with time and daily management, site visits and or inspections, correspondence, and note-taking
- Acting as point of contact, undertake the task of receiving and screening phone calls, take messages, enquiries and requests, dealing with and routing correspondence and handling them when appropriate;
- Communicate with clients and evaluate their needs
- Coordinate with vendors for needed repairs or services at properties as needed
- Update Regional Manager on a daily basis
- Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents
- Perform site and unit inspections when required
- Prepare monthly postage report and office inventory
- Completing tasks assigned by the Regional manager accurately and efficiently
- Maintaining an overall management style that follows company best practices
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Assist with following up with site administrators as required
- Liaise with site staff to ensure initiate follow-ups where payments are not made on the due date
- Communicate regularly with, and offer support to Regional Manager and site staff to promote and assess service performance and customer satisfaction
- Adhere to company procedures
- In the absence of management or administrative staff, be involved with residents and the community
- Assist in preparing correspondence to the residents and client.
- Professionally and courteously handle all telephone and 'walk-in' enquiries from prospective residents
- Return messages left by prospective residents ensuring to adhere to call return protocols
- Assist in maintaining a high level of client satisfaction and public relations, which will include all forms of communications with the owners, owners' representatives, residents, etc.
- Refer unresolved or complicated customer service issues to Regional Manager
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
To succeed in this role, the candidate must possess the following combination of education, experience and skills:
- 2 or more years' experience in residential property management and knowledge of property administrative and maintenance practices
- Knowledge of various legislations, including the RTA (Resident Tenancy Act), HSA (Housing Services Act)
- Must own a vehicle and/or have G License
- Skilled in completing various RGI calculations
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Knowledge and experience of LTB proceedings as it relates to the process of serving Notices relating to non-rental payments, anti-social behavior, illegal activity, etc.
- Strong customer service orientation and delivery
- Ability to respond and express ideas clearly in written and oral communication
- Experience utilizing Yardi or similar financial software
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity
This is an excellent opportunity for a career-minded property management professional looking for a challenging opportunity, please forward your resume with the position you are applying for in the subject line: Property Assistant Part-Time – Hamilton (NP1004)
Visit us at https://www.dmsproperty.com/careers
Thank you in advance for your interest. We regret that we can only respond to candidates chosen for interview. Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF REQUIREMENTS ARE MET.
NO Phone Calls or Recruiters
We are an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.