We are currently seeking a Handyman/Relief Superintendent to join our team located at 550 Jarvis Street, Toronto, ON. The Relief Superintendent works under the direction of the Property Manager to cover on-call and emergency support for the maintenance operations of a residential building. Candidates must be living in the surrounding area (preferably 1-2 km radius) in order to be considered for this position.
This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to provide a description of those principal job elements. All job descriptions are subject to change.
The key responsibilities of a Relief Superintendent include but are not limited to:
- Respond to rental inquires and after our emergencies.
- Book showings to prospective tenants.
- Complete move in/out unit inspections when on duty. Verify lease is signed by all tenants & guarantors test smoke detectors, check for window child safe latches, check all faucets/toilets work and drain, make note of any deficiencies and record what needs to be done and make everyone aware.
- Schedule move outs when on duty. Book elevator, obtain keys & Fobs and inspect unit for large items left behind. Make tenants aware that they will be billed for furniture removal and pick up.
- Salt walkways and entrances
- When on duty, assist contractors with unit repairs and remain present for occupied units if tenants not home or uncomfortable being alone with contractors.
- Fix and repair items around the building as needed and in suite as needed
- Provide vacation coverage for Superintendent
- Other assignments within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as reasonable requested from time to time by management.
Desired Skills and Experience
To succeed in this role, the candidate must possess the following combination of education, experience and skills:
- High school education at minimum. Additional educational or trades courses an asset,
- Building maintenance or Handyman experience is required.
- Demonstrated basic carpentry, electrical, and plumbing skills,
- Knowledge and expertise with hand and power tools,
- Ability to work outdoors, lift up to 25 kilos, and work at heights on ladders,
- Maintain confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy as well as positive attitude and effective interpersonal skills, great customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team,
- Have a valid G driver's license.
- Basic computer literacy is a must (MS Word, Excel).
This is a part time position with a salary based on experience and qualifications.
Please forward your resume with the position you are applying for in the subject line: Relief Superintendent – (IO1110)
Thank you in advance for your interest. We regret that we can only respond to candidates chosen for interview. Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF REQUIREMENTS ARE MET
NO Phone Calls or Recruiters
We are an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.