We are seeking a Senior Property Manager to join our team. The Senior Property Manager - Multi Residential works under the direction of the Director, Multi Residential to oversee the administrative and maintenance operations of a particular residential rental portfolio in Kingston. He or she is responsible to meet all contractual obligations and deliverables as well as achieving or exceeding the company's and client's key performance indicator targets.
This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to provide a description of those principal job elements. All job descriptions are subject to change.
As the senior member of the property management team on site(s), the key responsibilities of the Senior Property Manager include but are not limited to:
Human Resources Management
- Provides leadership and oversight of for a group of Property Managers and site staff in the Multi Residential Division, with adherence to DMS core competencies, industry standards and legislative requirements
- Initiates and manages the hiring process, performs performance evaluations, discipline and management of all assigned staff in the assigned portfolio
- Identifies training needs and ensures that all managed staff receive appropriate training/support to achieve and maintain core competencies in their defined role(s)
- Facilitates and schedules monthly staff meetings with all assigned staff
- Coordinates pay adjustments for assigned staff including input to annual increases, merit and performance bonuses. Ensures DMS approved HR policies and timelines are met and all adjustments are within operating budgets and adhere to specific client approvals processes.
- Successful cost management of operating expenses through effective purchase order processing and contractor management
- Responsible for maintenance management of building electrical, mechanical, structural and life safety systems with ability to instruct direct reports and site staff on preventative maintenance requirements.
- Thorough scrutiny of monthly financial statements providing at-hand knowledge of critical/major variances to budget
- Leads and performs quality assurance and management of annual Operating Budgets and Capital Plans
- Manages assigned team to meet DMS expectations and targets for arrears management and marketing/leasing of turnover units working to meet the corporate standard of "back to back" rentals.
- Responsible for property/building inspection and maintenance standards to ensure DMS compliance with best practices
- Directs and supervises staff to manage the daily/weekly/monthly maintenance while ensuring impromptu items are addressed in a timely manner
- Proactively identifies potential capital projects for DMS Project Management Division
- Supervision and Quality Assurance on reconciliation of resident accounts (AR) and associated reporting
- Supervision and Quality Assurance on Client Management Reports in line with corporate standards and deliverable timelines
- Manages assigned team to meet DMS expectations for effective lease management to mitigate vacancy loss
- Manages team to meet all DMS deliverable requirement timelines
- Ensures deliverables are met and identifies/addresses issues proactively that may lead to non-compliance
- Mitigates risk for both DMS and client by ensuring legislative and code requirements are met or exceeded at all times
- Manages resident concerns through effective conflict resolution to the satisfaction of all parties alleviating potential risk of legal action
- Displays solid understanding of contractual obligations between client and DMS and manages accordingly
- 5+ years experience in the management multi-residential units and residential property management
- In depth knowledge of the RTA, HSA, and Cooperative Bylaws an asset.
- Should be familiar with various Acts & Codes, including Fire Code, Building Code, and LTB proceedings
- Experience with YARDI or similar.
- Strong Lease Negotiations skills.
- Strong Contract Management & Trade Supervision.
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act (Ontario),
- Excel at planning and organizing. Ability to meet deadlines proficiently.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to apply logic and reasoning to effectively manage projects, analyze complex financial, legal and contractual problems and to provide solutions or recommendations.
- Ability to identify risk mitigating liability.
- Must have a proven track record of successful staff management including staff recruiting, performance measurement and conflict resolution.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills – MS Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Reliable Vehicle required traveling to various sites.
- This position requires travel to different site offices and/or locations. The applicant should have a valid driver's license and a reliable vehicle.
This is an excellent opportunity for a career-minded property management professional looking to further their career. If interested, please forward your resume with the position you are applying for in the subject line: Sr. Property Manager - Kingston (IO1320)
Visit us at www.dmsproperty.com
Thank you in advance for your interest. We regret that we can only respond to candidates chosen for interview. Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF REQUIREMENTS ARE MET
NO Phone Calls or Recruiters
We are an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.