Del Management Solutions Inc. is looking for a Project Coordinator to fill a new position our team. The successful candidate will possess above average communication skills and be able to liaise with all levels of management. The work location is in Barrie so candidates need to be located within a 30 minute drive of Barrie.
This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, or skills required or associated with the job. It is intended to provide a description of those principal job elements. All job descriptions are subject to change.
As a member of the project management team, the key responsibilities of the Project Coordinator include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate, organize and attend all meetings with consultant team, client, Municipality etc.
- Support the consultant team on technical and non-technical relates items
- Prepare standard progress reports for the client
- Quote and tendering coordination hiring consultants
- Prepare and track milestones dates throughout Re-zoning, site plan, permit, construction and occupancy phases
- Track consultant team deadlines
- Liaise with project advisor
- Work closely with finance lead to review budget vs. actuals, pre and post construction
- Support the preparation of the overall financial proforma
Once the construction phase of the project begins, the following duties will be added:
- Assist the team with overall project performance including cost, schedule, quality and project status.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with sub trades, project managers, engineers, architect, cost consultants and assigned construction manager
- Report on change order processes, including pricing, negotiating, processing and assessing cost and schedule impact prior to reviewing with the Project Manager
- Administrating RFI and shop drawing process review and approvals
- Develop performance status reports for the Project Manager regarding cost forecast, schedule and safety.
- Plan and update project timelines, milestones, deliverables, and micro-deliverables using the appropriate software tools and/or PM methods.
- Assist the Project Manager with issuing subcontracts and monitoring their progress.
- Assist the Project Manager with establishing project safety & environment programs and providing proactive leadership
- Enforce contractual responsibilities with subcontractors and provide direction on design/build decisions on site
- Involved in all facets of project closeout, including archiving documents, maintenance / warranty manuals, deficiencies and warranty work.
- Closely monitor the efforts and billing of third-party workers, such as consultants, contractors, and other specialists.
- Other assignments within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as reasonable requested from time to time by management
- 3 – 5 years in Procurement and Project Management experience a MUST.
- Site Management, Construction and Property Management background.
- Familiar with RTA, OBC and ESA.
- Familiar with CCDC various forms of contract
- Experience in Revit, Bluebeam and MS Project an asset
- Change Management experience
- Detail oriented.
- Customer service oriented.
- Able to manage time effectively – deadline oriented a MUST.
- Expertise in MS Project software, MS Suite, Excel
- Exceptionally strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Travelling will be required within Central and Southern Ontario – reliable transportation, valid drivers license is a must.
If you have the necessary qualifications and experience, and are looking for a challenging opportunity.
Thank you in advance for your interest. We regret that we can only respond to candidates chosen for interview. Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada.