Commercial Leasing Administrator
North York - (E1516)
Summary of Function: Under the direction of the Regional Manager, you will be responsible to provide administrative and maintenance support to enable the property management team to achieve or exceed the goals and key performance indicator targets of the company and the client.
- Rent collection & tenant account reconciliations, assist PMs as required
- Purchase order and work order processing, assist PMs as required
- Lease Administration - Preparation of documents, including Renewals, Offers and Leases, prepare Lease Abstracts and Maintenance: input tenant information, update tenant information, and update contracts, lease terms, property info, etc.
- Tenant Notices, including Demand Notices, per PM instructions.
- Property File Maintenance, filing, creating files, and updating files or archiving files
- Utility correspondence, update and arrange bill redirections (tenancy switchovers, sale of properties, etc). generate and send chargeback invoices to tenants when necessary.
- Generate and send chargeback invoices to tenants for chargeable services.
- List, create, update, and consolidate PM contact information and Tenant lists.
- Ease Transitions, create files, send introductions/escalation notices to tenants.
- Assisting PMs, with projects or general assistance when PMs are on the road.
- Tenant Insurance, send out notices to renew, update and oversee a master list/report of insurance expires.
- Yearend packages and CAM billings assist PM in preparation and distribution of statement of account and sending package to Tenants.
- Rental Advise notices RANs), send out notices when new budgets are finalized.
- Send Welcome Packages to tenants – with rental notices, escalation instructions, Asbestos Letters (where applicable) and other tenant forms, then collect forms from tenant.
- Set-up Tenant rent and other charges, and adjustments (charges).
- CAM disputes and reconciliations and reconciliations, assist PMs compiling information required to respond to Tenant and forward to tenant.
- Property Budgets, assist PMs compiling information required.
- Full cycle accounts payable function for small work projects – match invoices with purchase orders, process transactions and print cheques to meet cash funding request deadline.
- Manage in-house Purchasing system – receive and distribute statement of accounts and maintain status of vendor with valid WSIB and Insurance certificates.
- Generate accrual report on a monthly basis for capital projects and prepare accrual journal entries
- File paid invoices and tenant records.
- Full cycle accounts-receivable function – post monthly rent rolls, and any necessary tenant adjustments, prepare daily bank deposit, and post receipts to customer account.
- Pay monthly contract invoices and maintain contract folders for all recurring payables.
- Other assignments within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as reasonable requested from time to time by management.
Desired Skills and Experience
To succeed in this role, the candidate must possess the following combination of education, experience, and skills:
- At least two (2) years of experience in Commercial Property Management
- Knowledge of Commercial Leases and Commercial Property Management.
- Experience with YARDI would be an asset.
- Excel at planning and organizing. Ability to meet deadlines proficiently.
- Proven ability to identify, evaluate and develop new ideas with supportable results,
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills – MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.