The DMS Group is currently seeking a Leasing Agent to join our team in Kingston The Leasing Agent works under the direction of the Property Manager. The Leasing Agent is responsible for the leasing administration of a portfolio of properties for our client.
This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to provide a description of those principal job elements. All job descriptions are subject to change.
As a member of the property management team, the key responsibilities of the Leasing Agent include but are not limited to:
- Receive all residential leasing inquires via email, telephone, or in-person while return calls promptly and courteously
- Book and execute showings of units promptly within a schedule suitable for each prospect
- Provide notice of entry to current tenants, advising them of booked appointments while minimizing interruption to the current tenants' quiet enjoyment of their unit
- Show suites, tour prospective tenants through the property and show suites that are available for rent
- Tenant Agreements - Complete rental applications with prospective tenants. Ensure applicants are befitting of company's standards and are compatible as neighbors to existing Tenants
- Ensure applications are completed for the Property Manager to execute.
- Maintain records on reports, availability, traffic reports, monthly market survey, guest cards, including but not limited to, the number of times each unit is shown until leased.
- Marketing, website, social media updates
- Must be available to work Wednesday to Sunday
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to provide excellent customer service and effective information services to the public and staff;
- Good working knowledge and ability to use computer software, Microsoft Word and Excel; previous training and/or experience in-office procedures;
- Ability to assume responsibility, exercise initiative, and apply acquired organizational skills while working alone, with minimal supervision and/or as a team member;
- Ability to understand the importance of and maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act is considered an asset.
Thank you in advance for your interest. We regret that we can only respond to candidates chosen for an interview. Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada.
Visit us at www.dmsproperty.com
Please note: Successful candidates will be asked to provide proof of their Covid-19 vaccination status. Accommodation will be provided to candidates who are legally entitled to accommodation.
DMS is one of Canada's premiere real estate services companies managing a wide range of property types providing tenants and landlords with superior service and outstanding value. DMS was ranked Canada’s number 1 managing company in August 2020 by Canadian Apartment Magazine and is currently managing over 18 million square feet with a value of over $3.5B.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.