DMS Property Management Ltd., Agents is looking for a Assistant Superintendent t to be a key member of the property management team in North York.
This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, or skills required or associated with the job. It is intended to provide a description of those principal job elements. All job descriptions are subject to change.
Reporting to the Property Manager under limited supervision and working independently. The key responsibilities of the Superintendent include but are not limited to:
- Performing various building maintenance and repairs;
- Complete repairs in the turnover unit as per the scope of work approved by management
- Conducting routine inspections of the premises and equipment
- Perform other maintenance inside the units and in common areas as directed by the Property Manager
- Building coverage when the site's staff are off duty or on vacation upon the request of the Property Manager
- Must possess the knowledge and demonstrate sufficient skills in carpentry, electrical work, plumbing, HVAC, and renovations
- Overseeing contractors when professional repairs are necessary
- Respond to after business hours & weekend emergency calls
- Have a truck or appropriate vehicle to carry tools, supplies, etc.
- Good interpersonal and communicating skills, and good client servicing skills,
- Basic computer skills to access HVAC controls, email, Internet, Fire Alarm, Elevator and Security Systems,
- Diagnosing mechanical issues and correcting them
- Ability to repair machines, equipment or structures as necessary
- Ability to read and write English; and understand written and verbal instructions,
- Able to work as a team member, contributing skills and ideas to provide the best possible environment,
- Physical ability to perform tasks as outlined,
- Other assignments within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as reasonable requested from time to time by management.
Desired Skills and Experience
To succeed in this role, the candidate must possess the following combination of education, experience, and skills
- Proven maintenance experience.
- High school education at a minimum. Additional educational or trades courses are an asset
- Minimum 3 years of building maintenance experience
- Demonstrated carpentry, electrical, and plumbing skills are a must
- Experience with drywalling, tiling and appliance repair is a strong asset
- Knowledge and expertise with hand and power tools
- Ability to work outdoors, lift up to 25 kilos, and work at heights on ladders,
- Maintain confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy as well as a positive attitude and effective interpersonal skills,
- Awareness of occupational health and safety practices
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team,
- Ability to solve problems common to the job
- Must be organized, able to multi-task, strong attention to detail, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to pass a criminal and background check
- Have a valid G driver's license.
Tentative start date: as soon as possible
Thank you in advance for your interest. We regret that we can only respond to candidates chosen for an interview. Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada.
DMS is one of Canada's premiere real estate services companies managing a wide range of property types and providing tenants and landlords with superior service and outstanding value. DMS was ranked Canada’s 2nd largest apartment manager in Canada in May 2018 by Canadian Apartment Magazine and is currently managing over 18 million square feet with a value of over $3.5B.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.