Live in Superintendent
We are currently seeking a Live-in Building Superintendent to join our team in Hamilton. The Superintendent works under the direction of the Property Manager to oversee the administrative and maintenance operations of a building. The team is comfortable working together to ensure the highest standard of living.
This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to provide a description of those principal job elements. All job descriptions are subject to change.
As a member of the property management team on site(s), the key responsibilities of a Building Superintendent include but are not limited to:
- Performing various building maintenance and repairs;
- Respond to after business hours & weekend emergency calls (on a rotational basis)
- Perform general cleaning, landscaping, and snow removal where services are not met or performed by a Contractor;
- Processing, completing work orders, and returning closed work orders;
- Garbage bin removal to proper pick up area two times per week or as directed;
- Administration of spare parts and supplies;
- Plaster, drywall, paint, plumbing, electrical, and carpentry as required;
- Garbage removal, repairs, and cleaning of vacant units,
- On duty every second weekend and every second night
- Other assignments within the scope, spirit, and purpose of the job as reasonably requested from time to time by management.
Desired Skills and Experience
To succeed in this role, the candidate must possess the following combination of education, experience, and skills:
- High school education at minimum. Additional educational or trades courses are an asset,
- Minimum 3-5 years building maintenance experience,
- Demonstrated basic carpentry, electrical, and plumbing skills,
- Knowledge and expertise with hand and power tools,
- Ability to work outdoors, lift up to 25 kilos, and work at heights on ladders,
- Maintain confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy as well as a positive attitude and effective interpersonal skills,
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team,
- Have a valid G driver's license.
- Basic computer literacy is a must (MS Word, Excel)
Start date: As soon as possible
This is a full-time, permanent position with a salary based on experience and qualifications, an apartment is provided, and a generous benefits package.
Thank you in advance for your interest. We regret that we can only respond to candidates chosen for an interview. Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada.
Please note: Successful candidates will be asked to provide proof of their Covid-19 vaccination status. Accommodation will be provided to candidates who are legally entitled to accommodation.
DMS is one of Canada's premiere real estate services companies managing a wide range of property types providing tenants and landlords with superior service and outstanding value. DMS was ranked Canada’s number 1 managing company in August 2020 by Canadian Apartment Magazine and is currently managing over 18 million square feet with a value of over $3.5B.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.