The DMS Group is currently looking to hire an experienced Project Accountant to join our growing Project Management team. Reporting to Senior Management, the Project Accountant will work in a heavily hybrid role between Project Management and Accounting
This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to provide a description of those principal job elements. All job descriptions are subject to change.
As a member of the project management and accounting team, the key responsibilities of the Project Accountant include but are not limited to:
- Provide financial reporting and WIP reporting on Capital Improvement Projects across multiple portfolios
- Conduct job costing analysis, budget updating, and forecasting on project portfolio on a continual basis
- Coordinate between financial accounting team to understand and reflect accounts receivable\ collections in project performance reports
- Update monthly cost and profitability reporting for Executive Leadership
- Analyze project effectiveness and profitability in a meaningful way and identify pinch points in the job pipeline.
- Investigate project variances and submit monthly variance reports to the executive leadership team
- Input and update project budgets, ensuring change orders and purchase orders are entered accurately and on a timely basis
Desired Skills and Experience
To succeed in this role, the candidate must possess the following combination of education, experience, and skills:
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in a job costing-focused position within a construction project environment – experience in a general contracting environment considered an asset
- Advanced Excel, Microsoft Office – Yardi experience considered an asset
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and in teams, and strong presentation skills
- Proven experience being responsible for full-cycle job costing & analysis across a portfolio of projects.
- Experience working closely with an executive leadership team.
This is an excellent opportunity for a career-minded property management professional looking to further their career.
Thank you in advance for your interest. We regret that we can only respond to candidates chosen for an interview. Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada.
Please note: Successful candidates will be asked to provide proof of their Covid-19 vaccination status. Accommodation will be provided to candidates who are legally entitled to accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.
DMS is one of Canada's premiere real estate services companies managing a wide range of property types and providing tenants and landlords with superior service and outstanding value. DMS was ranked Canada’s number 1 managing company in August 2020 by Canadian Apartment Magazine and is currently managing over 18 million square feet with a value of over $3.5B.