The DMS Group is currently seeking a Property Administrator to join our team in Toronto. The Property Administrator works Under the direction of the Property Manager to oversee the administrative and maintenance operations of a particular portfolio/development in our Non-Profit Division.
As a member of the property management team, the key responsibilities of the Property Administrator include but are not limited to:
- Provide administration and maintenance support at the Management and Site offices
- Rent Collection and Arrears Management – including rent geared to income calculations, preparing and mailing rent notices, entry of rental & other payments into Yardi, serving all legal notices in relation to non-payment of rent and other related issues under the RTA and HSA
- Liaise with site staff to ensure initiate follow-ups where payments are not made on the due date
- Work Order Processing and Maintenance Management and scheduling and follow up of contractor work (plaster, painting, flooring, etc)
- Assist in-suite, vacant unit, building, and grounds inspections, and site visits as required
- Vacancy Management – processing Notices to Vacate, Acknowledgement to tenants, scheduling inspections, creating work orders for unit preparation by superintendents and contractors. Processing former tenant files
- Assist and provide completed applications to Manager for approval and notify the applicants as necessary if approved
- Assist in preparing lease agreement for Manager signature
- Maintain accurate control of accepted and rejected applicants
- Maintain accurate records of all tenant correspondence, legal forms, work orders, etc. per company policy
- Assist in preparing correspondence to the residents
- Work with the team to recommend modifications for service improvement, based on results or information obtained from site visits and tenant interaction.
- Acting as a point of contact, undertaking the task of receiving phone calls, taking messages, inquiries, and requests, dealing with and routing correspondence, and handling them when appropriate.
- Banking and making deposits as required
- Annual Rent Review process – sending, receiving, processing all yearly rent reviews
- Lease Administration – preparing leases and conducting lease interviews, completing all documentation including tenant set up to new unit
- Customer Service and Tenant Liaison – Providing exceptional service and responding to tenant inquiries on a timely basis
- Tenant File Administration – processing parking registration, transfer applications, mailing, filing
- Utilizing Company and client computer software – Yardi, Property Vista, Microsoft 365
- Providing various daily, weekly, and monthly Management reporting
- Give direction and delegate to maintenance staff as required
- Support after hours on-call responding to emergencies.
- Assist in the preparation of Board reports, including maintaining Corporate Minute Book’s
Desired Skills and Experience
To succeed in this role, the candidate must possess the following combination of education, experience, and skills:
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in residential property management;
- Knowledge of RTA an asset;
- Non-profit experience is a strong asset;
- Rent Geared to Income experience is an asset;
- Ability to meet deadlines proficiently;
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills – MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Energetic leadership. Enjoys leading by example.
- Using a “can-do” attitude that will positively influence, motivate and energize the team.
- Proven ability to identify, evaluate and develop new ideas with supportable results,
- Ability to apply logic and reasoning to effectively manage projects, analyze complex financial, legal, and contractual problems, and provide solutions or recommendations,
This is an excellent opportunity for a career-minded property management professional looking for a challenging opportunity. Please note the work schedule for this position is flexible and can include weekdays, evenings, or weekends depending upon the successful candidate's availability.
Thank you in advance for your interest. We regret that we can only respond to candidates chosen for an interview. Candidates must live and be authorized to work in Canada.
Please note: Successful candidates will be asked to provide proof of their Covid-19 vaccination status. Accommodation will be provided to candidates who are legally entitled to accommodation.
DMS is one of Canada's premiere real estate services companies managing a wide range of property types providing tenants and landlords with superior service and outstanding value. DMS was ranked Canada’s number 1 managing company in August 2020 by Canadian Apartment Magazine and is currently managing over 18 million square feet with a value of over $3.5B.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request