he DMS Group is currently seeking a Property Manager to join our team in the Hamilton area. The Property Manager works under the direction of the Director, Non-Profit Div. to oversee the administrative and maintenance operations of a particular non-profit portfolio.
They are responsible to meet all contractual obligations and deliverables as well as achieving or exceeding the company's and client's key performance indicator targets.
This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to provide a description of those principal job elements. All job descriptions are subject to change.
As the senior member of the property management team on site(s), the key responsibilities of the Property Manager include but are not limited to:
- Provide supervision, give direction, delegate to administrative and maintenance staff
- Cost Management of operating budget – to include determining, dispensing, monitoring, and management of the monthly spending
- Purchase order processing and contractor management – issuing purchase orders and managing, directing contractors
- Property Maintenance & Administrative Management – Assigning tasks and duties to administrators and superintendents on a daily basis; monitor progress or status of assigned work; disciplines employees
- Client Management and reporting – working closely with client; providing required reports, and responses in a timely manner
- Management Reporting – Daily, weekly, and monthly reporting to the company, attendance at conference calls, meetings
- Attendance at various meetings during and after regular business hours (i.e. property manager meetings, tenant meetings)
- Work order processing and administration
- Rent Collection, Rent Geared to Income Calculations, Arrears Management
- Lease Administration and Tenant Liaison – leasing, Market and Affordable Market Units
- Annual Rent Review Process
- Preparation of Legal Documents for LTB hearings, Eviction, etc
- Conducting in-suite, vacant unit, building and grounds inspections – schedule and/or assign deficiencies to administrator, superintendent or contractor for completion
- Respond to after business hours & weekend emergency calls (on a rotational basis)
- Other assignments within the scope, spirit, and purpose of the job as reasonably requested from time to time by management
Desired Skills and Experience
To succeed in this role, the candidate must possess the following combination of education, experience, and skills:
- 5 or more years of experience in residential property management and knowledge of property administration and maintenance practices (Non-profit/Social Housing experience preferred)
- Knowledge of various legislations, including the RTA (Resident Tenancy Act),
- Knowledge of codes & regulations, including Fire Code, Building Code, Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Knowledge and understanding of building systems (HVAC, Fire Protection, Mechanical, Electrical)
- Knowledge and experience of LTB proceedings as it relates to the process of serving Notices relating to non-rental payments, anti-social behavior, illegal activity, etc.
- Strong customer service orientation and delivery
- Skilled in organizing and supervising multiple simultaneous service requests
- Energetic leadership. Enjoys leading by example. Using a "can-do" attitude that will positively influence, motivate and energize the team.
- Proven ability to identify, evaluate and develop new ideas with supportable results,
- Solid Analytical Strengths. Ability to apply logic and reasoning to effectively manage projects, analyze complex financial, legal, and contractual problems, and provide solutions or recommendations,
- Ability to respond and express ideas clearly in written and oral communication
- Experience utilizing Yardi or similar financial software
- Strong computer skills – MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong Contract Management and Trade Supervision
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to identify risk, thereby mitigating liability
- Excel at planning and organizing; Ability to meet deadlines proficiently
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity
- Reliable vehicle required
This is an excellent opportunity for a career-minded property management professional looking to further their career.
Thank you in advance for your interest. We regret that we can only respond to candidates chosen for an interview. Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada.
Please note: Successful candidates will be asked to provide proof of their Covid-19 vaccination status. Accommodation will be provided to candidates who are legally entitled to accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.
DMS is one of Canada's premiere real estate services companies managing a wide range of property types providing tenants and landlords with superior service and outstanding value. DMS was ranked Canada’s number 1 managing company in August 2020 by Canadian Apartment Magazine and is currently managing over 18 million square feet with a value of over $3.5B.