We are currently seeking a Roving Building Superintendent to join our team in the Toronto East Area. The Superintendent will work under the direction of the Maintenance Coordinator to perform a variety of administrative and maintenance operations for a portfolio of residential buildings. The team is comfortable working together to ensure the highest standard of living.
This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to provide a description of those principal job elements. All job descriptions are subject to change.
As a member of the property management team on site(s), the key responsibilities of a Roving Building Superintendent include but are not limited to:
- Performing various building maintenance and repairs;
- Respond to after business hours & weekend emergency calls (on a rotational basis)
- Perform general cleaning, landscaping and snow removal where services are not met or performed by contractor;
- Processing, completing work orders and returning closed work orders;
- Garbage bin removal to proper pick up area two times per week or as directed;
- Administration of spare parts and supplies;
- Plaster, drywall, paint, plumbing, electrical and carpentry as required;
- Garbage removal, repairs, and cleaning of vacant units,
- On call for after hour emergencies
- Other assignments within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as reasonable requested from time to time by management.
Desired Skills and Experience
To succeed in this role, the candidate must possess the following combination of education, experience and skills:
- High school education at minimum. Additional educational or trades courses an asset,
- Minimum 3-5 years building maintenance experience,
- Demonstrated basic carpentry, electrical, and plumbing skills,
- Knowledge and expertise with hand and power tools,
- Ability to work outdoors, lift up to 25 kilos, and work at heights on ladders,
- Maintain confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy as well as positive attitude and effective interpersonal skills,
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team,
- Have a valid G driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle,
- Basic computer literacy is a must (MS Word, Excel)
This is a full time, permanent position with a salary based on experience and qualifications, and a generous benefit package. Please not that this is a live-out position.
Please forward your resume with the position you are applying for in the subject line: Building Superintendent – Toronto East (C1125)
Thank you in advance for your interest. We regret that we can only respond to candidates chosen for interview. Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada.
DMS is one of Canada's premiere real estate services companies managing a wide range of property types providing tenants and landlords with superior service and outstanding value. DMS was ranked Canada's 2nd largest apartment manager in Canada in May 2018 by Canadian Apartment Magazine and is currently managing over 18 million square feet with a value of over $3.5B.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.