Sr. Maintenance Technician
DMS Property Management Ltd. is looking for a Sr. Maintenance Technician to be a key member of the property management team in Toronto.
This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, or skills required or associated with the job. It is intended to provide a description of those principal job elements. All job descriptions are subject to change.
Summary of Function: Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Sr. Maintenance Technician is responsible for providing advice and assistance to all site maintenance personnel that are part of the Maple Leaf Group of buildings; ensuring efficient and cost-effective day-to-day maintenance of buildings, building systems, and grounds; monitoring and performing preventative maintenance and safety programs; reviewing and investigating contract activities; and providing technical guidance and support as needed.
The Sr. Maintenance Technician is responsible to respond to emergencies including after hours, i.e. fire, flood, etc. as required.
- Consults with site operational staff and provides technical guidance, recommendations and assistance in the analysis of building system problems, contributes to the development of options and recommends solutions.
- Supports the Regional Manager to ensure compliance with applicable legislation such as the Ontario Building Code, Ontario Fire Code, Canadian Standards Association, Technical Standards Association, and Electrical Safety Authority.
- Provides support to maintenance staff, including summer landscape and maintenance students.
- Investigate tenant maintenance requests as required.
- Inspect and ensure keys, tools and supplies are organized and fit for use at each work location.
- Conducts routine property inspections to ensure high technical standards, including carrying out annual unit inspections with management and on-site maintenance staff.
- Inspecting building mechanical systems including heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems; replacing filters outside of contract frequency as required.
- Compliments preventive maintenance programs confirming that contractors perform all technical aspects of their scope of work; supports the Regional Manager on determining contract services required to ensure program compliance.
- Supports the Regional Manager and on-site personnel with updating the Fire Safety Plans, compliance with Ontario Fire Code, co-ordinates and or participates in routine inspections/fire drills, etc., in accordance with local Fire Department regulations.
- Supports the Regional Manager to investigate events including tenant maintenance complaints.
- Reviews ongoing energy and building conservation programs and initiatives.
Contract Administration Activities:
- Participates in the tendering process for maintenance contracts by providing input on the condition of the buildings and systems based on inspections and contractor feedback.
- Support special projects pertaining to maintaining, enhancing the safety or improving the physical conditions of the sites.
- Work closely with the Regional Manager on contract administration for specified day-to-day maintenance projects covered by tenders and/or standing agreements; jointly with management, monitors performance of contracts through inspection of work, resolves contractor time delays, performance, quality, safety issues and contract discrepancies; and evaluates contracted work with regards to future contract selection processes.
- Participates in Operational and or Municipal Licensing reviews.
Financial, Data and Reporting Functions:
- Recommends purchase order related to the purchase of supplies and services
- Participates and assists in the preparation of the annual budget involving day-to-day maintenance, improvements and major repair/replacement work, recommends priorities and estimates costs.
Liaison, Communication and Customer Service Activities:
- Support training opportunities for site staff on technical and safety related matters.
- Assist the Regional Manager with Board reporting and correspondence regarding maintenance, contractor and supplier activities as required.
- Will be required to respond to emergency situations outside of normal business hours.
- Provide Vacation Coverage supporting Superintendent daily tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.