Chief Administrative Officer
MBA, BASc., P.Eng.
Co-Founder, Shareholder and Director - DMS Group
Bachelor of Applied Science (Mech. Engineering) – U of T
Masters of Business Administration – U of T
Professional Engineer – Province of Ontario
Faculty Lecturer – U of T Facility Management Program
Chair – Greater Toronto Apartments Association
Member – Federation Rental Housing Providers of Ontario
- Mr. Smith is a real estate services professional with 20 years of experience in property management, building design, construction and real estate finance and information technology. Mr. Smith oversees all financial and administrative functions of The DMS Group.
- Co-founder of the DMS Group of companies which includes: DEL Management Solutions Inc., DMS Property Management Ltd., DMS Residence Services Ltd. and DELCOM Management Services Inc.
- Manages a team of over 40 staff responsible for real estate accounting, finance, human resources, health and safety and administration.
- The DMS head office lead by Mr. Smith processes over 60,000 financial transactions per annum including rental revenues of $115 million and annual operating expenses of $100 million.
- Transitioned property management services to DMS as third party manager for clients such as the Toronto Community Housing Corporation, the Ontario Realty Corporation, the University of Ottawa and numerous private owners of real estate portfolios.
- Transitioned and implemented information technology solutions for real estate finance and asset management for over 80 client corporations.
- Implemented a web based property management accounting system in an ASP environment for over 13,000 tenant records.
- Developed customized solutions for the electronic transfer of detailed financial information between DMS and over 50 different client supported software systems including all revenue and expense general ledger accounts and balance sheet transactions.
- Lead the development of an asset management database tool used for the digital documentation of physical characteristics, lease and tenant information to inventory over 3,000 client real estate assets.