Chief Operating Officer
B.Eng., M.Eng., P.Eng.
Co-Founder, Shareholder and Director - DMS Group
Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) – McGill
Masters of Engineering (Management) – University of Western Ontario
Professional Engineer – Province of Ontario
Faculty Lecturer – U of T Facility Management Program
Member – Federation Rental Housing Providers of Ontario
- Mr. Watt has over 20 years of experience and has worked as a technical and operations leader in the real estate sector his entire career. With a focus on implementing technical solutions to develop efficiencies and optimize operations, he has successfully transitioned, transferred and managed large scale building portfolios in both the private and public sector.
- Manages a staff of over 300 operations personnel in over 100 staffed locations across Ontario. Responsible for site based property management, maintenance and project management.
- Co-founder of the DMS Group of companies which includes: DEL Management Solutions Inc., DMS Property Management Ltd., DMS Residence Services Ltd. and DELCOM Management Services Inc.
- Manages, or has managed, the successful delivery of property management, project management & technical services for portfolios valued at over $2B. Examples include public sector clients such as Infrastructure Ontario, Ottawa University, Toronto Community Housing, The National Capital Commission and the City of Cobourg as well as for over 75 private and institutional portfolios.
- Led the implementation of computerized information systems solutions for large real estate portfolio clients in the areas of maintenance management, utilities management and asset management.
- Managed the start up and transition for many large scale outsourcing initiatives including determining staffing levels, coordination of building commissioning and developing ongoing operations strategy.
- Responsible for a project management team currently managing in excess of 400 individual projects, for over 30 different client groups from Ottawa to Windsor, covering a broad range of construction types and project complexity.
- Developed proprietary operations measurement tools to monitor and benchmark contract compliance in the areas of lease management, rent collection, rental marketing, property maintenance, and statutory and regulatory compliance.